Agnostic.com

6 2

Corona virus has shown us once again how useless religion is. All the fanatics praying in all types of religion has not stopped the deaths. Religion even accelerates the growth with the fanatics insisting on religious gatherings. I don’t care about the religious ones its the non-religious I’m worried about.

RusselHappy 7 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is my hope that the delusions of the religious does not cause wide spread peresecution; only ridicule.

Common sense is non-existent in the case of those religious fanatics.

Yes. I keeping asking what the impact will be on the increasingly secular younger populations. The irrelevance of religion and the power of science in evidence.

Yes, I think the religious feel the virus is all part of God's plan and that they are helpless to stop the spread, if it's God's will. So, they gather and pray, despite being aware they are tempting fate, welcoming the virus into their fold, but then they can thank god for his various graces, such as sparing a loved one, or a slow and labored recovery or even a quick death.

It's crazy and they are endangering us all by gathering in areas where there are strict social distancing measures in place for our protection. I wish they could at least use the brain and common sense "that God gave them" to understand what is good for all, is good for them.

Um, yes, they are using the brains given to them by their God, their non-existent brains given to them by their non-existent god: their god will protect them. (Ha effing ha!)

Hello and welcome to the site. Yep, the combination of virus and stupid is a perfect storm.

And if religion worked the most religious states and countries would be COVID-19 free. While they may not be at NYC levels of deaths per capita just because of population density and distance from airports they are trending in that direction slow, steady and surely.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.