Agnostic.com

5 1

Age Gap in a relationship???

I have been riding around all morning picking up items donated to Habitat for Humanity's thrift store. The guy I was working with, was telling me about his daughters giving him hell about his new girlfriend. She. Is 18 years younger than him. I think their concern is for their possible inheritance, going to someone else. He is 66 and his new lady friend is 48. She owns a small restaurant near his business. I was trying to be a sympothic listener , but didn't want to be the one to point out that his girls are more concerned about his new lady friend getting their house and control of his business after he kicks.

Stevil 8 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

• It really depends on who and when, in lifes journey. I wouldn't want to date a lady who is less that ten years older than my daughter. But so saying, the age gap can disappear more once you are all past mid thirties. Minds mature. A close friend of mine has a wonderful wife a decade younger than him. They are a true couple (as my wife and myself were, with me being her `toy-boy'😉 but had they met a decade ago, they were not the grown ups they are today.

My last serious relationship was with someone 19yrs my junior. But the numbers had nothing to do with it's demise. If minds mesh - well, anything can happen !

I'd say this guy's kids need to let him live his life as he wishes.

@Stevil time for the daughters to grow up, sounds like ...

@Stevil only girls eh ?

@Stevil I was suggesting that this behavior is practiced by male children too ...

What you say is probably true, but age differences matter more and more, the older you get. However, the most important thing is that they're happy and it's nobody's business.

do you mean matter less and less?

It sounds as though the age gap between the guy and woman isn't the problem, but rather the age proximity between his eldest daughter and the woman. And given his age, I think you're right that his daughters are worried about their inheritance. It's sad that so many people have this attitude toward their parents. I've encountered this regarding my uncle and my grandmother.

Wow, I am not sure what the whole story is, but it seems to be the daughters are more concerned with what happens with daddy's stuff, rather than whether he is happy or not. Couple of questions: is there a living will that outlines exactly who getting what and 2) if she is jsut his gf and not wife, or they don't live together, I don't see how it is possible for them to lose their inheritance. 3) seems like the kids in this situation are being very material, and possibly for a good reason, but age gap here doesn't seem the be the issue. If the lady is the business owner herself, perhaps whe doesn't need whatever can be inherited from the "daddy"?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.