Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK L.A. Affairs: I was the world's pickiest dater. And no guy could ever stack up

Interesting advice for those still looking. Only posting it since throwing our lists away brought my wife and I together, YMMV.

1of5 8 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sigh. She specified the physical appearances of what she wanted. It wasn't until she was given a bloody great shove that she realised that she should have been looking for personality.

Really? I didn't know being a doctor or not working in the entertainment industry were physical attributes.

sigh

@1of5 Yes, adding her demands of his work would have lengthened my comment and detracted from the contrast of physical appearance versus type of personality.

I find that a lot of my generation (millennials) are very quick to dismiss someone because they "don't check all my boxes", just like the author did. Sad commentary really.

I don't know how to tease out the difference between "things I just don't want" and "thing i do want/prefer" but it seems like that's where the problem lies for most of us.

I see her mistake as specifying what "he" should look like rather than how he should behave.

@anglophone she was also looking for someone with a certain type of job too. Im guessing she had another huge list in her head that she wouldnt even admit to herself.

@MarkiusMahamius That makes sense. Thanks for sharing that analysis.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.