Agnostic.com

9 5

Funny,
How some things appear to fit together:
Riding bike on the sidewalks and ran across chalk note:
"Thank You Jesus!" (for the life threatening pandemic?) First Youtube video I ran across at home was

So sad (pathetic) it is funny.

NoMagicCookie 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would love to know if that made Tyler think

That's a really good point.
Tyler reminds me of several theists (Flat Earthers) I have been going back and forth with for several years.

One of the Flat Earthers made it his goal to convince me his biblical interpretation of the earth (flat) was factual. After going back and forth every lunch period for a few weeks I got tired of explaining the same points (over and over) how his position (founded on the biblical firmament concept (and the (corners of the earth (from the bible)) did not reflect reality. (Yes, I interjected the bible is largely a fictional story book that asserts garbage we know not to reflect reality based on demonstrable facts). I finally got tired of arguing with hims so I pulled the "You're really smart and I really want you to help me understand how your bible and correct and reflects our actual (real) world." I typed him a page of questions and a list of YouuTube resources to help him address the points I hammered him. He promised to watch the videos (including the series I listed below (Fun to watch) and address every one of my questions.
That was the last time I ever encountered him as he quit coming to the cafeteria.

Sadly, the other flat earthers I occasionally encounter at work still valiantly defend their flat eath assertions.

Think Tyler "drank too much cool-aid" but who knows.

Well, the Lord gets bored - what else is he supposed to do? Oh Glory!

@AkEyHeAdAkE Yep, I find it funny both when I am baked and when not! <3

@AkEyHeAdAkE Yep, its legal here in Vermont. It is in 11 states total now.

Tried listening but to much hillbilly speech gets to me. It's almost as bad as listening to tRump (which I avoid at all costs).

What most seem to forget there have been similar events in history and the 1918 flu epidemic is one that killed even more than this one will. Imagine a similar disease that kills a similar percentage of the global population. One can't.

Yeah, I just read a book on our history with Ebola. And if something like Ebola became as contagious as Covid-19, easily airborne, it would decimate humanity. Hundreds of millions dead. So maybe something like this is good practice.

@Observer-Effect You are right, how many wake up calls do we need to Wake-Up???

But I would hope we have gotten past the idea of practice. We need to start taking thing seriously and make real changes.

1492 was when Columbus brought diseases to areas of the world that did not have these diseases yet. The end result with European whites was to convince them that people of color were somehow inferior to them because the natives had no immunity. This idea has held since then and even goes into our current American politics.

Good observation.

wacko!

If you are not in end times at any minute, how else does religion function without it!!!

Without conflict by god(s) will, how can their pathway to rapture be fulfilled???

Seems constant fear and loathing is what religion delivers to their flocks that are bled dry monetarily, then lead to slaughter by their very own made up Judas goat who never existed in the first place!!!

I find it very strange that the religious do not see this because this is exactly what gets them to the "end times" claims that they make. It gets worse in my opinion when they fail to recognize their bible as we know it today coming into framework some 300 plus years after the time of Jesus. Then we have those who make claims about locusts to back up their claims as well. Maybe they should go read about locusts. The whole idea is as dumb as Jesus saying "there shall be wars and rumors of wars." OK. There always has been.

I love that the minute he said his proof of gos claim the lady couldnt help but do a face palm. Ah, been there done that.

So have I.

Completely tangentially, I have always harboured a perverse desire to become a proselytizing christian, open a bike shop and call it "Jesus Christ on a Bike"

Religion tends too be in conflict with rationale. It is no wonder why so many drift away from religon.

MrDMC Level 7 Apr 21, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.