Agnostic.com

3 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Missing link? In what way?
This is extremely predictable. You HAVE to be religious to get elected because religious people vote more than other groups.
Duh

So are they deluded or just liars? Well, the senate is about half lawyers , tied with career politicians. The house is about a third each career politician, lawyer and the conveniently unspecified businessmen. there are a few dozen that apparently couldn't make it in America's famously mediocre education system and a handful that don't think their MD would be more lucrative. And one mixologist, because I'm pretty sure there's a "walked into a bar" joke in there. I'm not really worried about their religious affiliation.

Gotcha.
My underlying thoughts are of the Christian Nationalists who are in the process of overthrowing the US Government.

@twill They can try. They'll get swallowed up or stepped on just like every one else that's tried.

@burnhippiesfor My thought is....that they are the government. They are fighting with themselves, again. They hate the government so much

I realized their answer will be the "deep state"....that will be their Satan character in this play.
Of course, they can no more define the deep state than they can accurately define Fake News or MAGA.

@twill No matter who the president is, it's a temp job. Congress decides how much money you can spend and what you can spend it on. You get to twist a few knobs on the machine and if anything goes wrong you're on the hook.

Just about every politician claims to be religious just to garner votes.

Yes. Which gives us dishonesty from the get go. And how much they truly believe is in large doubt

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.