Agnostic.com

1 4

New motto for georgia after opening things too early

bobwjr 10 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being in a rural, or maybe semi-rural area, and based on my limited experience doing some shopping 3 days ago, I fully expect cases in rural areas to explode. This largely has to do with the religious and Republican influence that's prevalent in rural Georgia.

If this happens, you'll soon be hearing about a big problem with rural Georgia: lack of healthcare facilities and providers.

Yup a Massacre

You have masks?

@RavenCT I have a few old but clean non-rated dust masks, which will probably do. I still think I've had it already. I want to be tested for the antibodies, if it ever becomes available and cheap. I think it's the antibody test that will actually allow people to start feeling safe.

@bingst Remember it can mutate and you can have it a second time.

As a potential carrier a mask is a great idea. (I know you know that - but others might not realize a good deal of the reason we wear masks is to protect others).

You can stretch the life of those masks by putting them in sunlight after using. UV light helps decrease the bugs on em.

Even a bandana will do.

@RavenCT But... UV tends to degrade plastic, and as far as I know, all N95 and even similar plain old dust masks are made from plastic fibers (non-woven). The thing that binds the fibers together, usually, is that they've been treated with heat and pressed. When the fibers degrade, they'll lose that binding. (At one time, I actually worked at a place that did that kind of treatment.)

@bingst I can send you vid on how to make a decent mask using shop towels and cotton fabric (which you probably have in some form around the house).

It's what we'll be using when we run out of disposable ones. The shop towel gets inserted inside the mask and is disposable. (It is actually a decent filtering).
The blue shop towels btw - disposable ones.

@bingst A no sew version which is very clever

Fabric sewed version with pocket

@RavenCT Maybe you should see about making a pinned post for these in the Covid-19 group.

@bingst Probably a good idea.

I like that the shop mask version requires zero sewing skill and still has some ability to work.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.