Agnostic.com

6 0

Young americans should start refusing to sign up for the draft as a protest against the fact we have an american government that doesn't cARE ABOUT THE LIVES OF MOST AMERICANS. (CAPS KEY STUCK, NOT RETYPING.)

I believe young americans should simply refuse to register for the draft as their way of saying they will not agree to be drafted to fight and die for a corrupt plutocratic oligarchy that cares nothing for their lives.

If tey have the guts to stick to it and do it in large enough numbers it will send a clear message to the government that the new generation isn't buying their lies anymore and isn't going to submit to it anymore.

Techpriest 6 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You know the right is using "muhbleefs!" as an excuse to not obey laws they don't like. "That violated mu sinceerlyee held morul/relidgjus views so i don' have to do it!
"

Ok, maybe we should start using 'muhbleefs!" too. Claim that sighing up for the draft violates your sincerely held moral belief that until america reforms and cares about people over profits it's not worth fighting for.

Let's see how the right likes having the 'muhbleefs!" bit used against them.

How long would it take the ochre tumor in the white house to sign a proclamation reinstating the draft and moscow mitch to block any effort to stop him?

The draft system doesn't induct anyone anymore, but the last I heard if you don't register for it when you turn 18, then the government can turn you down for any federal student loan programs. That is the stick that they still hold to force compliance. The draft system will never induct people again for two reasons" One, the conscription law would never hold up in court these days since women are not subject to the draft, so it is discriminatory and thus illegal. Second, we now have a poverty draft which makes the old system of the draft unnecessary for the government to fill the ranks with cannon fodder for their wars in the Middle East.

The last draft call was on December 7, 1972, and the authority to induct expired on June 30, 1973.

The punishment would surely overpower the gain, if any.. I suggest they vote - again & again & again ..and, for a Democrat ~

Varn Level 8 Apr 23, 2020

Perhaps they don’t want to! Perhaps their nation is bigger than an administration.

It's not just trump. It's the fact we have a senate ran by people who piss on the american public daily and basically annul democracy. We have corporate overlords who use media power and influence to whip up mobs of marching morons (see the story) wiolling to see countless americans die for corporate profits.

Trump isn't the problem, it's a symptom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.