Agnostic.com

3 4

Mark Blyth is on of the best political economists in the world. Do you agree with his analysis or disagree? Where is he wrong?

ToolGuy 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with most of it, but not that there's just one party (the Money Party) in the U.S.
I get the general idea; money rules Congress.
But there's STILL big differences between Pubs and Dems

Those differences are shrinking over the years as the democratic establishment takes more and more wall street money and clamps down on the populist wing of the party.

The only thought I have about saying those who don't take the big corp interest money, were outraged about the banks and huge corps given another bail out, but not voting for it would mean the citizens wouldnt get unemployment and checks for citizens to be helped.

We need to get the greedy Republicans and Democrats out of office,that are everyone's bitch and operate for their donors not contituants.

They certainly were outraged and I get it, they were under immense pressure to get money into the hands of struggling people. After all, they are the champions of the common working class folks

Thing is though, by voting for it, and refusing to hold things up, and even refusing to just demand a vote on the record, they gave away their leverage. If they had held things up, it would have caused an uproar, people would have been furious, they would have had a lot of hate come their way but it was the only way to actually fight to make the bill more equal and better for regular people. It would have been terrible to delay things, those people needed help immediately but ultimately, they got very little while the elites got everything they wanted. That $1,200 is nothing and many are still waiting for it.

They could have demanded recurring payments, rent freeze, mortgage freeze, guaranteed healthcare... People would have been angry but that anger could have been harnessed, and the establishment would have had to compromise with them because the crisis had to be handled, they had to do something.

"Rapacious oligarchs" pretty much says it all......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.