Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Spots On Toes And Rashes Join Weird New Symptoms Of Coronavirus

Or do they?

So this isn't technically fake news but a pretty close damning cousin to me. By this I mean it's not false that this is happening alongside corona; it's just false IMO that this is a proven symptom of corona, that the correlation implies causation.

After all, this is anecdotal: what a patient says, what a nurse hears, what a doctor is told. Not from a controlled study and we need controlled studies to determine the effects and consequences of disease and drugs so we can differentiate correlation with causation from without.

Again, not saying this isn't true; could turn out to be true just as readily as it could turn out to be false. Hence IMO, we need remain uber skeptical about so much anecdotal information being passed around, least we see covid around every rash, cough, and 5G tower.

TheMiddleWay 8 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am glad to see more data being collected on additional symptoms of covid-19. I believe I had the coronavirus in January and I had a rash like chicken pox all over my torso, front and back, in addition to high fever, cough, nausea, etc.

The CDC had the urgent care center swab my nasal passages with that super long swab, but sadly, my test was canceled, because I didn't meet the super strict criteria, and also I believe the tests we had in my state were defective. They did rule out measles and many other diseases, so there's not much else left it could have been. 😉

I have no knowledge whether I had it or not, but suspect I did, long before the first reported case in the U.S., so am eagerly awaiting the anti-body testing to become available.

Glad to know I'm not the only person reporting a skin rash as a symptom. It lasted 10 days, and didn't itch. The mystery illness kept me down for several weeks, and was the worst illness I've ever battled in my life. Glad I self quarantined longer than the 7 days the CDC suggested. I wouldn't wish whatever I had on anybody.

It seems to be a growing epidemic that anecdotal information is being presented as reliable fact, albeit skipping the entire research process, and done in such a way that the average Joe bites it hook, line, and sinker. It's equally concerning that we're seeing a concurrent dumbing down of regulations and processes within the medical field during a global pandemic related to an emerging infectious disease. Before long, anecdotal evidence will hold the same weight as a double blind controlled study.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:490258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.