Agnostic.com

6 14

Wow, just had my first emotional health issue due to the pandemic.
Taking part of the morning off to reflect and unwind listening to YouTube red in the car getting breakfast and I started thinking about current events.
Moved to great hope now that everyone has become aware enough to change the name of the least appreciated, underpaid, most disposable workers in our culture are now "Essential Workers" while still being victimized hard core by the culture.
This put's power into their hands if they can find the will to use it, and the thought that perhaps justice might come, that maybe the meek might actually have a chance to inherit the right to be proud and prosperous on this Earth moved me to tears mixed in with an overwhelming grief for all those we've had to loose to gain this awareness.
That mixed with fear because there will be conflict.
Regardless of outcome the World will change, how is up to us.
I need to wash my face now.
💋

Novelty 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Novelty Your compassion and empathy shine through your words.

There is hope. Like you, I recognize that the perspective of the generations alive today will change to realize the true value and incredible price humanity is paying to keep and maintain key, essential functions of society going. It is up to us...every day....to make sure that those of us who are in those roles are recognized,because what think, what we say, and what we do makes a difference.

It is true that things are likely to get worse before they get better. It is also true that we all have our roles, and that the strength and power is and has always been in the hands of the persons essential to those key functions. Though some of us may not be in those same essential roles, we still have a voice and a power to support them.

I couldn't agree more that now is the time to make sure the awareness our generations have awoken to is acted on and remembered. We need to work together to ensure this doesn't happen again, and that we can grow from this situation for posterity.

That'a not an emotional health issue, that's a being a compassionate human issue. hugs.

The service industry in Las Vegas has a strong Union. I'm hoping their example during this crisis will encourage more of those essential employees to join unions and gain power within our economy.

Adelson is bragging he voluntarily pays all his workers not to work ....UFCW has weak locals in many grocery store chains IWW has a dosen or so Starbuck$ locals.....if UAW refused to make any more pollution vehicles and only build hydrogen or electrics our lungs would get healthier to fight off all viruses

And there will be shortages. Lots of them. I hope companies switch to veggie burgers because of this. Then getting the veggies will be a problem. tRump may single handedly have brought down the USA 😟

Would be awesome

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:491680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.