Agnostic.com

17 7

Does she really hint about sex?

There was a question asked about hinting. I saw a few ladies say they hint about having sex. My question is who do you hint to? Your spouse? Your partner? Your date? Your neighbor? That cutie from work? Are you really willing to flirt openly?

#sex
BucketlistBob 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...myself lately.....

If I'm in a relationship where sex is being had regularly, there'll be no ambiguity about when I'm in the mood for it.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 7, 2018

Good ... that's pretty cool.

"Hinting" about anything is not my strong suit, sex is no different. If I want sex, I will take you by the cock and make it happen.

Also, I don't do someone else "hinting" around about anything. We are grown adults, if you can't say it outright, go away.

Ok...

When I admire a certain woman, I just tell her how I feel and either she is interested in taking things further or not. As for most of the women I had dated in the past, they were even more open about how they felt than I was...which was a positive for me.

I was the shy wallflower as teen. The total nerd. When I took up the drums and joined a band, my life changed. I discovered that women wanted me! Since then I have refined the art of flirting and I became sensitive to many hints being rendered by perspective partners. They don't come like they do on TV but they're getting close. lol. I'm not shy anymore.

I think like you mentioned we are all adults and if both parties are happy about, what is there to beat around the bush just go direct to the bush

Rosh Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

I don't hint or flirt as such. I just have a laugh and be myself.

My hints range from "I really don't feel like going home to an empty bed." if the person in question is less than 15 years younger than me to "You look like a fit young lad with plenty of energy" if they are more than 30 years younger than me. Same sort of age I'll outright proposition, though still with some level of subtlety. Have played a game of pool for "Who's on top".
I like playing with the English language so why shouldn't I combine two pleasures? If they can't read the body language or take the hint then no great loss, they'd most likely bore me witless anyway.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

Cool...

How about one year younger?

@phil21 That's the same sort of age so "Well what am I going to do with you?" presuming of course that I am interested in doing anything other than getting as far away as possible. Too much older and you need to first make enquiries about their health, duty of care and all that.

@Kimba Think more than 17,000 km is far enough away? Depending on the tone, that line might not do it. I know that concerns you to no end! But, I think it would be fun. You like the English language and so do I. And we speak it pretty much totally different. Ain't that a kick in the butt?!

@phil21 Believe me, can pitch the tone to perfection with perhaps a Mae West mannerism thrown in for good measure. Helps having the deep voice for a woman and a couple of other Mae West attributes to boot.
When speaking Australian English almost everything is said tongue in cheek, except when it isn't, it's amazing what you can get away with that way. Think 17,000 km might even be too much.

My question is why do they hint? Why not just tell? Does a female asking for sex make them feel bad? Why?

I think hinting is euphoric. It involves anticipation towards the next move. Its exciting waiting to see that look of approval. That's how it works for me.

@BucketlistBob yeah I can see that, but don’t hint to me, it’ll fly by unnoticed

@NothinnXpreVails you can count on that not happening...lol.

@BucketlistBob well, not you lol

I would hint to my ex for sex. The reason I only hinted was fear of rejection.

@Marcie1974 😟

@Marcie1974. Honesty... thank you. Guys can be pricks sometimes. I'm sorry for that.

@BucketlistBob his sex drive plummeted while mine skyrocketed. Obviously there were other issues as well. Lack of intimacy (not just sex but non-sexual touch as well) can be extremely difficult to deal with

@Marcie1974. Dang...

Just a theory that a lot of women hint because they've been conditioned by the mantra that men need a chase, and want to save face for themselves.
Pre-married I wasn't above being a dive bomber. I liked getting sex out of the way early not wanting to click everywhere else and be disappointed that part wouldn't work...
But at my age, and I've yet to be in this situation post widowhood, think I'd be a hinter.
Hawk days are over.

I keep getting called a flirt when I dont. I have no idea. IF I like someone I just stare until they're uncomfortable lol

Has that ever backfired for you?

@BucketlistBob there was one time

hahaha! That's a form of dive bombing! 3😀

If you stared then I would want to know why and I'd approach with an attractive smile and a flirty line of some sort. 😉

I don't believe in "hinting", about anything, especially sex. If a man can't handle the direct approach, he's not the right man for me. Life is short. Get to the point.

Cool...

Aiya aiya agree

I never hinted. When I wanted it, I said so.

Always worked. Quite well.

Alright!

that should be the way is suppose

I learned a long time ago that hinting gets me nowhere with my husband, so I'm very upfront about things.. Of course we have been married for over 22 years and I'm comfortable with him. I don't know that I would be that upfront with anyone else.

Same here.

?????

I can only speak for myself of course...but I find it harder to flirt suggestively with someone I'm attracted to than those I'm just joking around with. And let me tell you...we get filthy! But if I really like a guy...I get shy because then there's that's whole rejection thing...yeah...I'm a mess...lol

Great answer and I understand.

I'm the same but without the 'filthy' I flirt a lot with work colleagues or women I'm friendly with but not really attracted to. There is a woman at one of our music events that I am quite attracted to and when shes around i find myself just talking music stuff and being way too sensible 🙂

I am kind of say what you mean kind of guy, the language goes thru large pains to be specific and understood clearly and here we are... hinting! I know what you mean... the "scapedoor clause".

I am getting out of the house again, traveling cross country, talking/texting with members as we speak. Living again. Time will tell.

Was that a hint?

Gee is it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.