Agnostic.com

30 3

Any religious public figures that you admire?

Are there any religious public figures you admire? For me, I think I admire Desmond Tutu more than just about any other public figure.

cannon1975 6 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pope Francis. He seems rather progressive. I mean, for a Pope. I do like the Jesuits though.

Bishop Sheen

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
George LeMaître

Father Guido Sarducci

JimG Level 8 Apr 5, 2018

I respect (not sure I would say admire) any religious figure that walks the walk. Many have been named here. The current Pope (but certainly not the last one), the Dali Lama, the local parish priest risking jail to feed the homeless. There is a school of thought that Jimmy Carter was not a good president (I remain neutral), but that he is a great humanitarian. And isn't that better?

Ozman Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

When I was a believer I had a pastor, his wife had a stroke. And he went to the ends of the earth to help her. That I respect.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.