Agnostic.com

4 3

My brain must be melting! I ordered a puzzle from a place online. The last time I bought a puzzle was when Lis and Jenn were in grade school. Lis is now a grandma and Jenn's oldest is 22, so it 's been a while. In case you are wondering, the puzzle is an old poster of mushroom types, their names, and some pertinent information; so it is very useful besides decorative.
But how to keep during the construction process? I have two pushy, nosey cats and one very eager dog. And I am not really a visual type. My interest lies in words and definitions. I should have looked for a puzzle with writing all over it, such as descriptions of those mushrooms and what hallucinogenic brews could be cooked up with them. I should send some suggestions to the puzzle company!
If you do puzzles, how do you keep them safe from pets? How long should it take to complete it, and when should I give up?
I hope this does not turn into another acquisition obsession!

Spinliesel 9 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, first off, you are very cute and funny and I enjoy your posts.
Here's my suggestion. Put it on a board that you can move around and when you aren't working on it, store it on top of the frig.
A few good things could come of that: The top of your frig will be kept clean, Your animals won't get into it, You may forget about it and then get back into your words and definitions.
More importantly, were you drinking on of those hallucinogenic mushroom brews when you ordered it?

Thank you. I like writing here about stuff that happens in my life. I have been an atheist since I was 11, so there is nothing much left to say about that. I have to check the dimensions of the puzzle and will probably get a servicing tray (you know the one old ladies serve tea with) The fridge is already occupied with stuff, so a top shelf in the kitchen will have to do. With respect to shroom tea: we just chew them without bothering about the whole tea-making ceremony.

I do puzzles online every day....None of those problems arise! You can set background color, number of pieces, shapes of pieces, etc etc etc.....and when you complete them, all the puzzle piece outlines disappear & it goes 3D.
I like Jigsaw Daily & Jigsaw Daily Epic, both from Play Store, both Free new puzzles daily.

Oh. I wish i had known about that before I spent the twenty bucks! That sounds great!

This is a really cool idea! I'll have to give them a try. Is it hard to see the pieces using a phone?

@Lauren I use a 10" tablet & find I must keep the # of pieces to 100, so I do 2 puzzles a day. I do not think I would like to do them on even a large-screen phone.

@AnneWimsey Okay, then perhaps I'll try it with my desktop (I don't have a tablet). Thank you!

@Lauren if I had a big screen I would do much bigger puzzles! The best part (maybe) is the tiny "click" when the fit together, and then they stay together no matter what. I guess like a dog treat to reward behavior? Lol!

@AnneWimsey Hahaha - that's just the type of obsessive behavior I enjoy! My eyes aren't as good as they should be, and I need to have good lighting on the real thing, so this may do the trick in making the pieces bigger and brighter.

I've only had the patience to finish one or two in my life, best of luck and have fun.

I love jigsaw puzzles, and that's a great one! I always used to have one in process on a table in the living room, and people would wander in and work on it while we chatted. I kept a cloth that I put over it when I wasn't working it so the cats wouldn't mess with it, but they always managed to. That's why I have a little bowl of random puzzle pieces in my closet. It should be relaxing so when you're no longer having fun, that would be the time to quit it. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Lauren. What do you do with these random pieces? Try to make them fit when you are stuck? I remember one of my daughters always trying to force pieces into the picture.

@Spinliesel Those are the ones that the cats hid while I was putting the puzzle together, so I end up with a finished product that has missing pieces. Then I find the lost pieces throughout the house some time in the future, so they go in the bowl in case I re-do the puzzle. I usually get Ravensburger puzzles, so no forcing of pieces required.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492884
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.