Agnostic.com

2 0

I've recently realized that what I miss most about church is running the sound board. I was one of the sound techs for about 12 years before leaving the church. I was taught the basics when I was 15 by a wonderful 70yo woman. I then read all the manuals for the equipment and taught myself the rest. I now find myself pricing out microphones, interfaces stands and accessories, just to realize that I want to be the guy behind the equipment, not in front of the microphone. I could however have one badass setup for zoom meetings.

ScubaWags 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Learning by reading the manuals is a talent few people have. Use it.

Most bands are Always looking for someone to run their sound board, maybe lights too. If you can stand the hours......

There are also gigs for sound board people in a more permanent setting at some clubs and other musical venues where they have an in house set up.

Unfortunately I have a big kid job, and I'm in bed by 10pm.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.