Agnostic.com

10 2

Has Your State Started To Re-Open For Business? How So? How Do You Feel About It?

In Texas,
Our Gov. Greg Abbott has Re-Opened everything with the exception of Bars.
Business can only have only 25 Percent capacity of consumers at one time.
Abbott is also encouraging social distancing and face mask even when outside, but it is still voluntary and you cannot be fined here in Texas.

( My Opinion )

Taking into consideration that the United States accounts for over 1/3 of the infected cases of Covid 19 world wide, and will soon lead the world in the number of deaths, currently at over 70k., I think Opening is a complete mistake and more people will continue to get infected and die because of the Ole' Mighty Dollar!
Covid 19 has seasonal characteristics to it , therefore its not going away anytime soon and there will be a second wave.

twshield 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can't really say it's seasonal... Yet...

Yup it's a Republican tactic to stop unemployment benefits and collect less social security taxes. My state is doing very gradual curbside pickup, take out food mandatory ppe equipment

Oklahoma is opening but my town is doing a soft opening. The grocery stores are still doing a great job with one way aisles and sanitizing carts etc.
I needed to go to Lowe's today and the parking lot was stuffed. I wore my mask and my gloves and somehow avoided close contacts. Both mask and gloves were discarded and lysol wipes were used to sanitize my car doors and steering wheels before I proceeded home.

That's exactly what I do as well, @Lorajay. I think it may be how we do it from now on ... or at least for a long time.

Our illustrated governor can tell me all day long that Texas is reopened, but I'm not going to go out for anything but essentials for a while. I will visit at responsible distances and monitor my contacts closely. I needed to go to home depot today, the parking lot was full, I left.

Do I look like a canary in a coal mine? Staying in! See how it goes...NEVER be the first to try Anything!!!

My part of Texas never took the stay-at-home orders too seriously to begin with, but as of May 1, they've almost totally been thrown out the window. Some places - like the post office - won't admit you without a mask, and my physicians seem to be firm about it, but a lot of people seem to have believed that moron Abbott. It's scary, and we haven't even peaked yet, let alone started on the second wave.

@twshield I'm glad I can still isolate myself, but I understand the pressure people are under to work or not pay their rent. We've put them in an untenable position, and it really should be criminal.

Our stay at home order expired April 30. I took a bike ride to a nearby park this past Sunday just to see how responsible my community was acting. There were easily over a thousand people having picnics and clustered in pavilions. There was no social distancing with maybe 2% wearing masks including myself. We are definitely going to have a second wave here.

@twshield I hate when that neck breather sounds and smells like they have smoked cigarettes their entire lives.

In Nevada, we're still under a stay at home order until 'mid-May' whenever that may be. I'm still only making necessary trips from my house with a mask - work, groceries and prescriptions . I have mine delivered but pick up items weekly for friends. The majority of people in my neighborhood are wearing masks in the stores.

Premature opening will probably increase deaths. Unfortunatery, the deaths will not be only idiots that don't wear masks. A security guard was killed for asking a parent to put a mask on his daughter before entering an establishment.

Tennessee is opening. makes me nervous, but more folks are wearing masks than they were.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.