Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Natural ELF fields in the atmosphere and in living organisms | SpringerLink

Most electrical activity in vertebrates and invertebrates occurs at extremely low frequencies (ELF), with characteristic maxima below 50 Hz. The origin of these frequency maxima is unknown and remains a mystery. We propose that over billions of years during the evolutionary history of living organisms on Earth, the natural electromagnetic resonant frequencies in the atmosphere, continuously generated by global lightning activity, provided the background electric fields for the development of cellular electrical activity. In some animals, the electrical spectrum is difficult to differentiate from the natural background atmospheric electric field produced by lightning. In this paper, we present evidence for the link between the natural ELF fields and those found in many living organisms, including humans.

Whoa!
Serious implications across science if true!!!!

TheMiddleWay 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read up on this in the 80’s. Was pseudoscience then and I’m not getting a different feeling now.

The subject matter is interesting but the serious implications across science is leaves me wondering.

Wow. Had to request the full article, but look forward to reading it. Indeed, some serious implications across science if true. Thanks for posting.

@TheMiddleWay yep.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.