Agnostic.com

1 0

Do you think an at-home Covid-19 test is a good idea ? Why/not ?

FDA authorizes the first at-home Covid-19 saliva test

[edition.cnn.com]

[fda.gov]

FearlessFly 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, if it remains "prescription only" because it means the sick person doesn't have to go out to a public place for testing, possibly infecting others and allows the sick person to remain at home, resting as they should.

When I was sick with what I suspect was Covid-19, there was no testing available, this was in early January. I did go to the urgent care center and was kept in an exam room for 4 hours, before being sent to the hospital for blood tests to rule out other illnesses. Feverish and feeling ill with no food or water, basically for 6 hours, and having to drive myself, nearly jumping a curb by swinging to wide on a turn due to super slow reflexes while having a high fever, put others in danger in addition to myself. An in-home test would have avoided all this.

BTW - the CDC was called into the urgent care center and ordered a nasal swab test from me, but that test was "canceled" because at the time, I didn't meet all the requirements for testing. Super disappointed that I will never know if the mystery illness I had was covid-19 or not, until anti-body testing is available, which I hope is soon. It's important to me to have that information to know what long lasting effects might be going on with me - besides possible immunity which would be wonderful - I worry how long I might be contagious - but also wonder about permanent damage I may have due to my illness, such as liver or kidney damage. I still have some remnants of my illness in my eyes and voice, though I feel totally healthy otherwise.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.