Agnostic.com

4 4

Report: 9,000 Catholic Churches Receiving Taxpayer Money Meant For Small Businesses

Tax The Church: In a clear violation of common sense and the separation of church and state, at least 9,000 Catholic churches are receiving taxpayer money meant to help small businesses hurt by the coronavirus pandemic.

*CBS News reports😘
More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the U.S. applied for PPP loans – and 9,000 got them.

*NPR reports😘
Of the approximately 17,000 Catholic parishes in the country, about 10,000 applied for PPP loans in the first round of lending, according to Pat Markey, executive director of the Diocesan Fiscal Management Conference. Of those, 6,000 had their applications approved. About 3,000 additional parishes have been notified that their applications were accepted in the second round.

[patheos.com]

nogod4me 8 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome to the world as Pence and Opus Dei's Barr are trying to create.

if they used it to pay employees AND they agreed to be taxed then I have no problem with it. but they have to be taxed going fwd.

It's just now occurred to me .... the VATICAN is VENAL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494823
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.