Agnostic.com

4 1

[pbs.org]

evidentialist 8 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Damnit. Just drop a few H-Bombs on China and the virus will stop in next to no time.

. . . that's not even funny

I think his "Humble Opinion" has merit. 🙂

everybody likes to do an end-around on the complicated or sophisticated stuff. we like to believe it's more important to sound smart than to be smart.

"Historically, people return to valuing expert views in times of trouble or distress."
The interview was done 3 yrs ago. I'm afraid no one listened, as we don't seem to be any more inclined to listen to the experts during a global pandemic of a newly emerged infectious disease than we were then. Maybe even less so. Sad, slippery slope we're on.

You can tell when a nation is dumbing down by the proliferation of "knowledgeable-about-everything" experts, whose opinions are based on populist views, not researched data.

@Petter I appreciate your expertise on this matter ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494937
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.