Agnostic.com

6 1

Totalitarian and Democracy society

Would you rather live in a Totalitarian society with 1% of atheist leaders or a Democracy society with 99% of theist citizens ?

• 0 votes
  • 3 votes
HaejungKim 4 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m confused by the wording. Are you saying that in both cases the proportion is the same: 1% atheist and 99% theist? And you’re saying that the totalitarian government has atheist leaders? And what about the leaders democratic government? Are you implying that their leaders are theists?

kdmom Level 6 July 28, 2020

Most theist are fine so my choice is easy.

I'm confused by the wording of the question.

In each society, the proportions of atheists/theists are the same: 1% and 99%, respectively. So, the only difference is the type of government.

I'll take democracy.

Thank you! I'd rather live in Totalitarian society, as long as the leaders are Atheists.

Sorry but the post needs some work, the grammar is all over the place, and the numbers do not relate logically to any part of the text. I think you may have an interesting point here, but there are a lot of pedants on this site who will find this too sloppy to be of any value.

Hey now! One need not be a pedant to take issue with confusing wording! 😛

@AmyTheBruce Yes but a little bit of pedantry can be fun.

Thanks! I corrected some of it. I think it's quite tricky question as long as for atheists. Even though none of countries reached one sided extreme yet, we all know theist's eagerness of controlling on uncontrollable and it's a worst trait of leaders.

If it's genuine Democracy....I'm happy there. If it's theistic to the point of enforced religion....I'll be a silent resistance member.

Democracy. I'd be an outcast in either one. I'd rather the people have a voice.

skado Level 9 May 17, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:496744
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.