Agnostic.com

3 3

Notice which part of the US is least affected by the Coronavirus? It’s along the continental divide. The worst affected—coastal areas. Could elevation be a factor?

[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

WilliamFleming 8 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Connectivety is certainly a big factor as well.

I think many credit the difference to population density, but this is a compelling study, and makes pretty solid physiological sense especially when considering the combination of environmental factors and physiological adaptations. It would be interesting to have the study repeated with a larger study group and controlled for population density.

Yes, it’s interesting. I’m not sure what we could do with the information. Move to Nepal?

@WilliamFleming I hear Nepal is beautiful, but I think small. I was more thinking that expanding the focus on physiological adaptations could possibly lead to therapeutics.

@WilliamFleming OR- we all move to the mountains and test the population density theory. 😉

@Amzungu No!!!! We like it sparsely populated. The destruction that happens to the natl forest in summer is bad enough. We don’t need that many people around all year😀

@JacobMeyers OK, if you feel that way. 😟

@WilliamFleming now I’m sad. Any one hanging out on this site can come and be welcomed. 😉

@JacobMeyers Guess we're not moving to your mountain. 😉

@JacobMeyers Don’t be sad. We’re just horsing around here.

Actually at one time I was thinking of moving to Leadville CO for the summers, but it’s not happening. I am well established where I am.

i'd venture to say it's still a matter of population density.

You could be right. Mexico City is at a high elevation. I calculate its Covid deaths at 135/million, which is considerably higher than the country as a whole.

It’s still pretty low compared to other places, say the US as a whole.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497263
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.