Agnostic.com

5 2

Got a new mower today. A mid range cordless electric. It was more than I would have liked, but the other ones felt too small to be comfortable for me. It's a Ryobi 40v brushless one.

Got my first mow down and I am much happier with my yard.

My tomato plants seem to be doing well. I want to move them into a more permanent spot sooner than later.

Honorabledougn 6 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice! Been looking at cordless mowers for when my 15 year old Black & Decker electric finally breaks down ... but it refuses to die! I converted to electric back in the early 2000's when I read that the 2 stroke engine on my old Toro put out more pollution in an hour than my car driving many hundreds of miles. I've had a Ryobi electric leaf blower for years with no issues, so it looks like you've found a winner. Thanks!

Those pesky bricks are always so quick to jump in the way...lol

Not much there to kill for parts in a old chorded mower. that's my only worry with brushless electronics make up for the motor part counts.

Bought a Ryobi rider last year - love it! Sounds like a big fan, I’ve even mowed after dark ..LED lights are great, too. 100 amp-hour battery pack. Not cheap ..but when considering what I have to mow, and my previous experience with gas & oil units, I’m pleased 🙂

Varn Level 8 May 19, 2020

I have yet to see a electric ride on in person. My yard is way to small. Even my new one is overkill, but I wanted something comfortable to use.

@Honorabledougn [google.com]

I have an electric lawn mower, too! I love never having to worry about running out of gas or my garage smelling of fumes. 👍

I think one of my main things will be less maintenance.

Nice! I've often thought that a nice electric mower would be easier to handle than my big old gas-powered beast. I hope it serves you well.

I've been frustrated with our lawn for years - poor soil, clumpy grass, neverending weeds, etc. Lately I've been wondering why I even try. I've been thinking of just chucking the lawn idea, planting some fruit trees, and letting the neighborhood bunnies frolic in an orchard.

I need to work on weeds too. One great thing to help with soil conditioning is airation, get it done with the one that takes soil plugs out. Rake them up and spread out a bit of compost or anything organic rich.

I've only used it once already but it is a not nicer for me to work with. I find it far less frustrating in corners.

How big is your lawn and how long was the grass? My neighbor has an electric mower that uses one battery per mow if it's only a couple of inches.

My lawn is pretty small for what I can mow, my backyard bis terraced so it's a pain. A rough guess on my lawn 30ft x 30ft that's being generous. The mower itself is overkill. But the smaller ones were too short for me to be comfortable. I'm 6'1"

Most of what I cut was not more than a inch. But in one spot that has always grown fast it was almost a foot for about 60sqf not too thick though. But it went through it well enough I was surprised. It speeds up the blade in thicker areas.

@Honorabledougn I've had some Ryobi tools and they worked well. Keep your blades sharp and don't forget that peppers can grow where tomatoes do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.