Agnostic.com

3 4

Current sale trends are probably quite demonstrative of need over want. I do hope someone is taking note. Could be very useful for changes to make in the future. What do you think?
A lot of the economy of first world countries seems to based on things that are actually superfluous to need. Although I will miss my holiday and miss the coffee shop/ eating out experiences.

girlwithsmiles 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. The humble coronavirus sure seems to have put a dent into the commodity fetishism that Capitalism is dependent upon.

Yes! Raised by parents who at least thought the same in those regards, I’ve long felt an ‘outcast’ in our consumer society… Surrounded by them, often ‘felt sorry for’ by them ...all I’d witnessed was the accumulation of crap and the serious waste of time..

Heard my generation described as the first having been ‘raised on TV.’ The sales culture of this nation, combined with it’s quickly consumed resources has created a death spiral of consumerism.. I hope the strength is found to move beyond it once this all shakes out ..but won’t hold my breath 😕

Varn Level 8 May 19, 2020

We have access to essentials during all of this. It seems the fighting to re-open is based mostly, not all, on wants rather than needs. Small businesses have the need to re-open. Those that are crying "freedom" have wants.

They have no idea what true suppression is

twill Level 7 May 19, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.