Agnostic.com

8 3

The allegation of "Fascism" is too often used as a pejorative against those who disagree with one's viewpoint. That allegation detracts from the credibility of an otherwise legitimate debate stratagem.

[quillette.com]

PBuck0145 7 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Name calling in general is not helpful.

...and then when they’re needed, like now, they have less weight..

Varn Level 8 May 23, 2020

fascism is the overall kind of flavor. but this characterization seems to suit
the situation.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

lol.... I suppose I should make a comment regarding the post. fascism may be used too often. there are lots of other pejoratives which would work just as well. lots.

Unless said person/group ARE fascist. Using the definition of far right, autocratic, dictatorial ideology. One example is attempting to, or successfully silencing the press. Fascist action.
I’m not sure how YOU define it. I’ve encountered folks right of Hitler who don’t believe they are fascists, but keep dreaming. πŸ™„

Agreed. If you call Donald Trump and his minions fascists, you would be correct. When Trumpers refer to public servants as fascist because they want their citizenry safe, they're just being the morons that they are.

Make up your mind.

@PBuck0145 What do you mean? Just because the term fascist is misused doesn't mean there aren't fascists. Fascism exists. I define the alt-right, Donald Trump as fascist. I read the piece and agreed with the beginning of it. The author is obviously trying to say the left is too quick to call fascists "fascist". His reference to Gov Murphy's point was spot on tho.

@barjoe Not credible.

Couldn't agree with you more on that.

Fascist! πŸ˜‰

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.