Agnostic.com

5 3

Don't blame the politicians who are trying to keep us safe; blame the #covidiots who don't care about anything but their own pleasures. #coronavirus

[huffingtonpost.ca]

josephr 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes but the politicians are to blame, in part, for the covidiots.

OK, i can think of several general reasons why politicians might be partly responsible for covidiotic behaviour, like ineffective education. But what had you in mind?

@josephr That was exactly it. Plus their inablity to earn respect, which means that there is little for political adivce. Their undermining of sciences cedibility when it suits them, etc.etc.

@Fernapple You called it exactly as it is!

Look at all the wise, old people staying the fuck home.

I've always been something of a loner, so I don't need to be surrounding myself with people any time soon.

That's my reality too. Made isolation easier. Hugs are the only emotional gifts i miss. Zoom and skype help though.

@josephr I don't even do those as I don't like talking much, & hate the business end of cameras. Email & text is right up my alley. I only hug my husband, & kitties anyway as our kids are a long way away.

I'm scared we are going to have to start all over again.

@MissKathleen -I'm not either.

In my county, we have had zero cases for about 6 weeks, so our mayor has opened up beaches, parks, etc., for a 2 week trial period, to test if residents can maintain social distancing. We need to be able to display a good example of social distancing or our privilege will get taken away, so we're on our best behavior!

Even though we currently have zero cases, once we start opening up to visitors from outside our county, we will have to demonstrate good practices, as our cases will likely rise from outsiders coming in.

Maybe politicians need to have teeth in their rules. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.