Agnostic.com

1 0

Question Regarding Responding to Messages/Chats

How come my replies to messages disappear? I can see that my reply was submitted. But once I leave the chat or exit the site then return, the initial message to me still shows up but my reply doesn't. Why is that?

TMA2NC 6 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the status of the chat or messenger is disconnected, the message doesn't actually go through, and so it doesn't get logged in the history. It's the Socket Status with the signal icon , under the Send button, in the messenger. I can't recall about the chat, but I guess it's in a similar location.

Thank you. I do see the Socket Status. But when I set it on, it still says 'No Connection.'

@TMA2NC Look for the indicator to be green - that lets you know you're good to send - it will read "connected" .

There is nothing like losing a full paragraph of well thought out text to "disconnected socket status". Wait for the indicator to be green again.👍

@RavenCT I have finally posted the question after attempting to respond to three different people over several weeks. I'm sure they must think I'm rude by now. I have not been able to establish socket connection. I've never seen it go green.

@TMA2NC Hmm are you by chance using the phone app? Or are you on a computer?

A few members have reported that the phone app has glitched more lately - that's why I mention it.(photos posting sideways for instance).

You could message Admin or developer if it continues - they might be able to help.
Plus when they get member reports it lets them know when something is glitching.

@RavenCT I primarily use my laptop but I have tried it on the phone app as well. I will reach out to Admin. Thank you so much!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.