Agnostic.com

4 5

The USA is very sick!

When you get seriously ill, you vomit and have diarrhea to cleanse your system.

The USA is sick and the rioting and looting is our vomiting and diarrhea. If we want the rioting and looting to stop, we must cleanse our system of the racism, economic inequality, sexism, pretend health care systems and privileges for the wealthy, which is what has made the USA sick.

creative51 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah except we are vomiting and having diarrhea in the midst of a very serious upper respiratory infection that has a 20% chance of making you very ill possibly needing hospitalization and the covid testing center is closed due to protests. Are we working against our own health here? Being bad patients?

@creative51 Well maybe we should explain that to the person who won't be able to go to work today because they have had their workplace destroyed. Or the person who can't get tested because the centers are closed. Or maybe someone who can't by food, diapers, or medicine because the shop has been looted. And the silent spread of disease that occurred because you know it did. Hope it solved some real problems.

@creative51 When you start hearing the government declaring a political related organization a TERRORIST group, I start having REAL problems. These protests need to STOP NOW. Do not feed the message of terrorism. There will be justice for George Floyd's family, but all that is happening now is shooting ourselves in the foot. We need to work on SUSTAINED progress in the areas of racism and politics. And let's not forget everything else. This pandemic is raging, lives are being lost and we have to choose our battles here. If we don't we will see more and more people die of covid, numbers will be staggering, and who knows how the powers that be will manipulate this to erode or basic rights.

@creative51 'We have met the enemy and it is ourselves' You can say that again!!!! I just listened to an hour-long podcast of a psychologist's take on the George Floyd riots, which you have so eloquently summed up, and I wholeheartedly agree. THANK YOU!!!!

@creative51 "Asking those who are oppressed to "act" properly when the Donald acts a fool, is a real stretch." This sounds like racist language. Please stop it. It also sounds like you have completely missed my point. We always should only choose1 option - respond to the REAL problem. When your focus is not where it should be- you lose.

@creative51 And now Trump is deploying military. I saw this coming. This is what they were talking about " the constitutional framework becomes shaky". Playing in to their hands? These people weren't even from Detroit, but were going there?

[clickondetroit.com]

@creative51 Yeah or this is well staged by people who are deliberately misrepresenting this. Are you from Detroit? Lived there? How did you get to know about the city/suburb relationship there? I would think residents there, in the
city, would have more to protest about than those in the burbs. They are living in much harsher conditions. That doesn't add up to me.

What about that tanker in MN? It sounds really suspicious. Who is the guy? How did he get on that bridge? That whole story sounds SUSPICIOUS. Police sent protesters there then tanker gets through? How did it happen? Either the police really screwed up, or I don't know, we are missing details of this story. We need more explanation from the police about how that happened. There could have been confusion, but it still doesn't add up. We need to know more about the driver of the tanker. The protestors said it was leaking gasoline.

And what about these people? Look like they are trying to cause problems. [cnn.com]

[ft.com]

We are just one in a long line of countries, empires, and kingdoms to fail in this same way. Too many of the rich will always find a way to fuck it up. It is what they do.

Yes and I would love to share this elsewhere! YES YES YES!

Great analogy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.