Agnostic.com

7 15

Kareen Abdul-Jabbar: Don't understand the protests? What you're seeing is people pushed to the edge.

"What you should see when you see black protesters in the age of Trump and coronavirus is people pushed to the edge, not because they want bars and nail salons open, but because they want to live. To breathe."

"Worst of all, is that we are expected to justify our outraged behavior every time the cauldron bubbles over. Almost 70 years ago, Langston Hughes asked in his poem “Harlem”: “What happens to a dream deferred? /… Maybe it sags / like a heavy load. / Or does it explode?”

"What I want to see is not a rush to judgment, but a rush to justice."

[msn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Around the 18th-19th April 1775 British colonial citizens protested the arrival of the Army on their streets, by 1783 a new sovereign nation was born, America.
The people felt they were pushed to the edge by Britain's mismanagement of what they saw as their freedoms and rights.
Would Trump given the background information call them THUGS?

100% with this

Definitely a rush to justice!

Eloquently stated

@gigihein

Agreed.

@LiterateHiker I really don't know.... Tbh... I didn't even read the article... I'm... I'm. I don't know... People should just support people! 💔😲😳

@Cutiebeauty

Please read the article tomorrow when you're fresh.

It is beautifully written and moving.

@LiterateHiker OK... Will do... How you know im exhausted?

@Cutiebeauty

When I'm exhausted, English is the first thing to go.

@LiterateHiker you funny lady!

@Cutiebeauty

Thank you!

I'm confused...

@Cutiebeauty

What are you confused about?

The peaceful protesters have been hijacked by racist Assholes trying to discredit the problem

bobwjr Level 10 June 2, 2020

110%

The protests are being co-opted by white supremacist organizations. If the supremacists are allowed to get away with this the movement will be over.

@BitGFlipper

Exactly.

I believe that what you say is true but I wish they would expose & make known a proven white supremacist or "outside agitatuh" or two. Surely the police/FBI/somebody has this info.

@AgnoBill the police and FBI don't want to release that info if they have it because it weakens their position further. Those domestic terrorists that are hijacking the protests are doing those organizations a favor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.