Agnostic.com

4 2

He’s back … an wow..

Varn 8 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love his rant mode. I wish he'd run for President.

I was thinking the same… Comedians, especially political, need to be up on everything, and he is! It’s been very interesting watching the various ‘late night guys’ broadcasting from home. Steven’s there with his son, daughter, and wife. From what I’ve witnessed, they’re a very healthy unit, that in itself says a lot in these trying times… He’d have my vote ~

@Varn My fantasy ticket for 2020 is Colbert/Obama, Michelle, that is. Not sure how much you watch him generally, but google one of his shows with Michelle (she's been on many times and each one gets better) if you find yourself with a half hour to blow. I could see those two pairing up and actually changing the world. 😉

@Amzungu Yes! I’d watched his (two part) interview with Michelle three times! Truly magnificent! They’d kick butt!!

@Varn oh yes, they would!

We’re so screwed.

..I try so ( so) hard not to admit that…

I find it kinda creepy when comedians 😟try to) talk about serious subject(s).

He is one of the most intelligent, well spoken people in our country right now. He simply happens to be funny, too. 🙂

@Amzungu I like his comedy (and IMO, that is where his expertise lies). I have no reason to denigrate or laud his IQ.

IMO, if his bias/viewpoint(s) tend to agree with mine is not sufficient reason to assign them credibility more than others with expertise in the given subject.

@FearlessFly With all due respect, I have no idea what his IQ is; that's not what I meant of intelligence, and I don't base my assessments of intellect solely on whether or not someone agrees with me. You are welcome to a differing opinion,, but I don't think you have sufficient reason to make assumptions about how I came to mine.

I know the feeling, like we’ve reached the end.. But they have to be serious now, or marched to the death chambers with the rest of us. At first, trump was (more of) a joke. Now, it’s life or death for free speech … the life-blood of comedians..

@Varn "marched to the death chambers" -- hyperbole much ?

@Varn Agreed. He is no stranger to taking a serious tone when the moment calls for it, and he is every bit as passionately brash and eloquent as he is witty. I love his comedy, but I really love his serious rants. He's a powerful speaker no matter what genre he engages. And, yes, he gets bonus points for typically speaking on points I can stand behind.

@FearlessFly Yup … I didn’t listen twice to the rise & fall of the third reich for nothing. The parallels are chilling.. Regarding the shirt, my boxes are all checked 😉

Racism is definitely a pretty existing condition.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.