Agnostic.com

6 12

I am articulate, and opinionated. A few years ago I discovered I have a knack for putting into words what people were thinking, and I wasn't afraid to let it all out there. I will admit that has gotten me into some "interesting" situations. But that's me, and it is way too late to change now!

HippieChick58 9 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is exactly spot on.....

That's what I do too, about half the time.

Yes that is a good reason and mainly why I do it. But you never know with an idea or a thought, they almost have lives of their own. You put them out there, and you never know where they will go, what lives they may change, or what avalanches of change that affect the whole world, one small thought may trigger, if it lands in the right place at the right time, perhaps long after its originator lost all track of it.

I can relate to that. Keep it up.

Guilty!

And you say it very well. Sometimes you need to see what the people around you are thinking. For self protection, if nothing else.

Sometimes I do. I have learned the value of silence. This week I found out my office is full of racists, and I didn't say a damn word. I kept my headsets on and my mouth shut. The odds were definitely NOT in my favor and all I want is my paycheck and health insurance.

@HippieChick58 Ugh, I understand that feeling, and also the way it eats away at you a little bit every day. I miss the paycheck, but not the stress. Stay strong, and come back here for virtual hugs and to de-stress a little.

@Lauren @StarvingArtist I have a countdown timer on my phone of days left until I can get Medicaid. Right now it is over 900 days. I'm 62, so technically I can retire, but I don't want to shell out for health insurance, I did COBRA for six months about 1.5 years ago. It is pricey. So I'm just sucking up here til I can retire. I like most of the job, I like helping families figure out their medical bills. I don't like the BS, some of it is the office and some is the system in the US.

@HippieChick58 Wow, that countdown timer idea is cool! I'm going to try that. I'm glad you like your job, though.

I can't believe how often it comes down to insurance in the US. I was laid off awhile ago and wouldn't have insurance if it wasn't for the ACA, and even that is rather expensive, so I understand your dilemma. Ironically, with the job market and economy the way it is now, it would be the perfect time for them to allow early access to medicare so more people could retire, but I suspect that's too logical for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.