Agnostic.com

5 2

Can things really change when the bible, which many of Americans say they use as a moral compass, has so many pro-slavery passages in it?

Can things really change in the US with all the pro-slavery bible messages?

• 1 vote
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
FSMGirl 5 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, I dunno, when people realize the thing was written in The Bad Old Days?

Politically, many things can change.
Personally, some things won’t change. Ignorance, envy, fear, etc won’t disappear.

Of course. Ignore it. Choose common sense!

If you ignore it though, can you still call yourself a Christian?

@FSMGirl I don’t call myself a Christian!

@Geoffrey51 I meant that in general terms, if one ignores the OT, can one still call themselves a Christian?

@FSMGirl You’d have to ask a Christian that!

@Geoffrey51 Yes, I think I will ask my friend that next time it comes up.

@FSMGirl Where, exactly ,do you think you are? Clearly, lost........

@FSMGirl maybe you could Google "Agnostic"....? You seem very lost.....

@AnneWimsey What are you talking about?

Believers only fondle their fetish book only Atheists read the bibles in horror for all the rapes incest genocide and 4 violent abortions en masse against Samarian women Amos 1:13 Second Kings 8:12 Hosea 13:16 & 2nd Kng 15:16 "rip open the bellies of pregnant women dash the little ones against the stones let not anyone live but keep the virgins for yourselves " jeehobah on military rape

Those are the bible verses Christians never mention.

@FSMGirl I read them loudly to tampon terrorists outside abortion clinics discouraging most never to return guilting pregnant women to stay pregnant for alleged bible reasons.....

In my 'experience', they usually discount most/all of the Old Testament. 😛

Yet they still claim to be Christians.

@FSMGirl . . . followers of Jesus (New Testament) Christ.

@FearlessFly But the NT is built on the OT. And Christ is believed to be the son of the God of the OT, or even a reincarnation of god, depending on the Christian sect, so you can't have one without the other.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.