Agnostic.com

3 10

Brilliant come-back !

evergreen 8 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indeed! Your post reminds me of the time I was experiencing my own personal crisis of faith, when, at the risk of repeating myself, I came across the speeches of Robert Green Ingersoll, who so beautifully stated:

"All that is necessary, as it seems to me, to convince any reasonable person that the Bible is simply and purely of human invention -- of barbarian invention -- is to read it. Read it as you would any other book; think of it as you would of any other; get the bandage of reverence from your eyes; drive from your heart the phantom of fear; push from the throne of your brain the coiled form of superstition -- then read the Holy Bible, and you will be amazed that you ever, for one moment, supposed a being of infinite wisdom, goodness and purity, to be the author of such ignorance and of such atrocity."
The Gods, 1872

True, the bible has created more atheists than the combined works of Hitchens, Dawkins and Russell

Brilliant!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.