Agnostic.com

2 3

Maybe this will cheer some people up. We are witnessing the birth of a movement. [salon.com] A local, close friend who is a retired Marine officer (one would never guess this from meeting him) sent me this. I am sending him a reply asking why it has taken the military so long to realize what many of us saw from the beginning.

JackPedigo 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

January 24, 1978 the date I joined the Military. I am ashamed how the military is being used. The troops don't want this. The public doesn't want this. But no one seem to be able to say no. And the GOP is gutless and corrupt.

I joined September 18th 1967 and spent 4 years in service. I can't comment on how the military is supposed to be as my time was a joke from day 1. Thing is there was a draft then and I support the draft. The all volunteer military, I think, has created many of the problems we have today.

@JackPedigo Everyone should should some sort of National Service. Six weeks of training and the rest in school to learn a trade.

@PondartIncbendog I totally agree. Many countries have some form of conscription. If nothing else it can cut a lot of apron strings. Like I said my time was a joke but it was a very valuable joke and was the single biggest shaper of my present life.

Thank you Jack!! It did cheer me up. NOT that I am a fan of the military per se - lot's of stuff to be unhappy about BUT the oath to defend the Constitution is serious and I am glad the military says it will take it seriously even when the president seems to like having toady barr wipe his ass with it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.