Agnostic.com

6 7

Full Article:
[patheos.com]

nogod4me 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to hug that girl and tell her everything is going to be alright. We can't promise her that right now.

Our future depends on it!

I am with you.

I have a cousin, and a cousin's cousin, with whom I have given up. They may not be directly racist, but they each love them some Trump, who is, needless to say, blatantly so. I'm not on FB, gladly, nor on Twitter, so I don't get electronic horse poo. Their perspective is alien to mine. They are fans of Rupert Murdoch's gaslighting, suck it up along with the Kool-Aid as a chaser.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Issac Asimov This concept of Asimov's may play a good deal into the situation.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into," has been attributed to Johnathan Swift

It is amazing to me the ignorance a person must have to hate someone they have never met simply because of the color of their skin.

@nogod4me I'm thinking the hatred results from a greater than usual fear due to their not knowing how to self-protect when in unfamiliar situations.
Were they, when very young, kept away from people unlike themselves?

@yvilletom In the military, we meet people from all parts of the US. And some from other countries. We had Iranian Air Force Officers in school with us. Before that, I was isolated, had one black friend. Japanese relatives. Is it isolation? Some of the people in this county never have left it.

TRUTH!

Ain't that the Ugly truth of Murikkka..🤬🤬

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.