Agnostic.com

1 3

Day One Without my Car.
Yesterday, I had to pick up my daughter Jenn from the car repair shop in the next town. Bad stuff was about to happen with her Nissan, involving control arms. So, she needed to borrow my car. For a few days, maybe to Wednesday. Sure, sure. that's what moms are for. ( Note: Giovanni, her son and my grandson, must have anticipated those days because he has always bought cars with a standard transmission,)
It is eerie to look out of the kitchen door and not see the CR-V. Even the pets noticed when they went out first thing this morning.
Mind you, it is kind of liberating not to have to go anywhere. All big purchasing decisions can be put off until the middle of next week.
So I spent the day puttering. I cleaned out the broom closet in the kitchen. My, my, I am a packrat. Among the more interesting this was a white and light blue plastic sleeve to wear in the shower over an arm cast. It looks like an enormous light blue condom with a rubber membrane in an interesting white, plastic-framed platform. That thing will definitely feature in my next yard sale.
Lots of dog leads - amusing because none of my dogs have ever spent any time on a lead, fly swatters, bungee cords, and multiple scrubbers, brooms, Swiffers, and aprons.
I am so glad I was alone. This would have shattered anybody's illusion of how cool a person I really am.
I decided to put together assortments of leaning tools for when we have people losing the belongings to fires or whatever. I'll store them on the back porch, so I don't lose track of them.
So, there you are, a peek into my day. I listened to one of my Audible books while puttering, Mort by Terry Pratchett.

Spinliesel 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your posts are always engaging, Spinliesel. I hope you are collecting them for a blog someday: A peek into the life of a closet hoarder.
How about a quick audiobook review on Mort? How was it?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:505777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.