Agnostic.com

7 11

A little good news to start the day. ✊

Colin Kaepernick: Roger Goodell encourages NFL teams to sign quarterback
[bbc.com]

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Finally the blacklist makes racist sports writers eat their liar ass words against a SuperBowl qb still in his prime ....Kaep can make a losing team good

I'm not a football fan but Kaepernick was treated shamefully. I hope he get what he deserves form that bastard Goodell.

@SeaGreenEyez do the Colts have money to sign Kaep ?

Hope they do

bobwjr Level 10 June 16, 2020

I really like watching NFL, but succeeded for about half a season last year in boycotting them until I slightly watched a few games at end of year. Still, I slept through the Super Bowl while in a hotel on a business trip, and was glad I did so. I was buttressed in my own boycott efforts was when I saw a popular singer turn down performing at the super bowl, with the reason being their shameful treatment of Kaepernick. I thought, ok, I'm not alone, there is some value in terms of thinking in solidarity with this guy.

What is he protesting for? I think he's got a good cause that he's fighting for, and he's right to find a way to make a somewhat disruptive spectacle. It's not reasonable to ask a few hundred men to turn the other way because they are making millions of dollars while millions of people continue to be at risk in extreme violence (including from taxpayer funded law enforcement at times) and poverty throughout the US. If you make it in life but there are millions of your human brothers and sisters who have been left behind in danger, it is, in my view, reasonable to try to remember those brothers and sisters in a loud and persistent way.

kmaz Level 7 June 16, 2020

Also, there was a particular moment when a lot of this got worse. Last year there were some stories around Colin Kaepernick getting some sort of honest try-out with the teams. Except, if anything, the tryout was (basically) a sham, and Kaepernick basically called them on it.

Assuming Roger Goodell knew about and was party to arranging what was essentially a bogus tryout situation, how many chances does Goodell get genuinely to do the right thing on this entire matter?

[ftw.usatoday.com]
The NFL played Colin Kaepernick — and everyone else
Chris Korman
November 17, 2019 12:52 pm

"....So they went through a sham of a process that was designed to break down, and then it did — and Kaepernick ended up throwing at a high school 60 minutes away, in front of just a few scouts, and nobody really learned anything. According to multiple reports, the NFL-sanctioned workout was contingent on Kaepernick agreeing to a waiver that would prevent him from suing the NFL if he wasn’t signed; that’s ludicrous, and proof that the NFL offered the tryout only so it could sabotage it in a way that would force Kaepernick to react...."

Kaepernick should demand an open letter of apology for being fired and Black Balled, signed by Goddell and All the Owners in the NFL.

That sort of is the point, Black Americans really don't do that - white folk on the other hand ;( - IMHO.
I am for reparations, I realize the people alive today do not own slaves and many of their ancestors did not BUT this is NOT a black problem, it is a white problem. Not you or I per say but could I (don't know about you)have done more, said more? Probably.

@silverotter11 we can Always stand up fo Black Americans..I will be watching for encounter between the cops and them..and recording it. I will not stand by and Not Stand with Them..

It would be a wonderful thing that IF the NFL ever resumes play, that at the opening of the game, every spectator in the stadium would take a knee in memory of George. Not just that one game, but ALL SEASON LONG. I know I would. — But, though many people would, I know probably the majority would not! 🇺🇸

That is so wonderful. Hoping he gets signed soon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506520
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.