Agnostic.com

4 10

I am not a LOTR fan, but this spoke to me today.

FRODO: I can’t do this, Sam.
SAM: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.
But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.
FRODO: What are we holding on to, Sam?
SAM: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

HippieChick58 9 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened." Problem is, that's exactly what most people want. To many don't seem to grasp the concept of learning lessons from bad things happening.

I have never watched LOTR but this is something we need to hear.

LOTR is one of my favorite movies. I haven't watched it in at least 12 years but now I really want to see it again.

I watched every last one of the movies in the theater with my kids. I much preferred it at home when I could also work on a project when they were watching it. I am not a fantasy fan for the most part.

I am a LOTR fan, and this is one of my favorite parts. A great sentiment. Thanks for the reminder. 🙂

Lauren Level 8 June 16, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506754
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.