Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Little Free Libraries Are Turning Into Ground Zero for Religious Proselytizing – Friendly Atheist

Those of you with access to/use a LFL - have you seen this ? Leave it to religious nuts to screw up a good thing.

Ohub 7 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I find religious stuff in those, I take it out.

Remi Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

What'd you think they would be? B&N lite? People only lend or give books that they don't need to read again. You'll find that out

You got that right.

I use them to distribute my cookbooks.

There's one not too far from me, where I walk my dog. Never knew that's what they were called though. Think if I were in the position of the author I'd pop up kingdom hall with a month's supply of what's being dropped off and ask the Elders if they thought that this sort of thing was worthy of their witnesses or if dropping off literature that's not going to be accepted shouldn't count on the field report.

What a fantastic idea. Out the cheaters!

Blech. That's awful. That is very much not what LFLs are for. I think if I ran one I'd be out there every day, weeding it like some kind of book garden.

I've seen a few of these in my area and wondered if there was some organization behind them.

It's an interesting problem and I think the consensus of just recycling crap people leave in there, is the best method.

Personally I don't really care about this because I went over to the Dark Side several years ago and never buy a paper book unless it's one I really care about and it's not available in e-book form (an intersection that seldom happens). When I travel for business or pleasure I have my entire library with me on my iPad, all searchable and largely sharable as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.