Agnostic.com

4 0

I'm sorry to dip into politics and the human physicy. Yes let's all delete history then someone will ask why is it so fucked up these days? And everyone will be like I don't know. The 1st owner of an African slave in America was black but no one will talk about thay. There were white slaves in Africa but no one will talk about that. Guess what? Slavery is still ongoing but no one will talk about that. A lot of status are being taken down or have been threatened to be including one to Baden Powell. What does blatant iconoclasm have to do with race? It is just deletion of history!

Ryu-Dad 4 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think you're looking for the philosophy-babble group.

Name that owner? And you believe, obviously, that numerous wrongs make it all right?

Please reference your statement referring to black slave owners as I am unaware of this

Removing statues is not deletion of history. That history still exists in books, lectures, museums...

Why do we put monuments in public? To honor people and events that society deems worthy of admiration, right? Do we want to honor slsve traders and confederate leaders who fought to preserve that despicable practice of slave holding? I sure hope your answer there is no.

For those aspects of history that society does not wish to honor with statues and monuments in the public sphere, well they aren't deleted and forgotten, they are taken out of that place of honor and put in museums which clearly educate the history rather than glorify it. That's where those things belong.

It's important to remember all of history even, and especially, the bad stuff, but it's also important to remember it in the proper context and not glorify it as these statues currently being pulled down do.

Well said!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.