Agnostic.com

8 2

You get only one choice... which will it be?

If you had to choose between choosing and not choosing, which would you choose?

• 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
TheMiddleWay 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because we are a product of our genes and environment, we really have no choice (or we have one choice which is no choice). We feel like we have freedom to choose but we don't. You won't choose a chocolate milkshake if your preference is vanilla (unless you have been challenged by a question like this and are being contrary, but again that is no choice). I'm a determinist.

Some research found here .
[[scientificamerican.com]]

So my answer is Choice is an illusion

Depends on the choice, 1000%

Paradox of choice, not choosing is a choice. By the statement, you are making a presumption that to "not choose" is in fact not choosing.

Neat little video where toward the end it explains trying to put english into logic.

Word Level 8 June 20, 2020

@TheMiddleWay Words can be ... Words can be. Words do exist.

Surely it must depend on what things you are choosing between or not choosing between. If I am asked to choose between a kick in the ass or being given a million dollars, naturally I would choose to choose. If it was between being given a quearn or a mifftle, I would choose not to choose because I don’t know what those are.

@TheMiddleWay Do you mean in general for all occasions? Not for specific situations? Would I choose to have free will?

Am I confused?

Are you feeling ok Middle? Everything ok in Middle World? I mean I know we have had our run ins, but I wish you well and this post has me worried about you. Also it took me a long time to choose to comment, if that helps. 🙂

@TheMiddleWay "Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning 'dissimulation, feigned ignorance', in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event in which what appears, on the surface, to be the case or to be expected differs radically from what is actually the case."

I guess it's true. Americans don't do irony. Shame. 🙂

@VeronikaAnnJ Don't touch me. I don't know where you've been!

@TheMiddleWay that's extremely unfair. I've commented favourably on your posts often, and engaged with you on issues, agreed, and yes sometimes disagreed with you, and your comment is untrue and unwarranted. Someone commented on you recently that you are a natural contrarian and while I did not comment on that I thought it a fair observation. You are also increasing humorless, and failed to understand that my original comment here was tongue in cheek and nothing more. @VeronikaAnnJ

@VeronikaAnnJ No, the comment was for Middle. I added you to the reply since his comment was to you and I wanted you to see my reply. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

It would certainly depend on what I was choosing to choose or choosing not to choose, because how can one know if they would choose to choose or not choose if they don't know what they are choosing to choose or choosing to not choose? I've officially entered that place where the word 'choose' has been repeated so many times I no longer recognize it as a word in my language.
Can you guess which vote is mine?

@TheMiddleWay Haha, yes, it is.

I'm not answering any questions unless I get paid.

@VeronikaAnnJ I'll do anything with anybody for a dollar.

@VeronikaAnnJ Sure. Kiss him on the lips with my boot!

@VeronikaAnnJ You hold his head.

if you don't choose you might get quiche or something.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.