Agnostic.com

4 5

Update: Brush Fire in Wenatchee at 100 acres. Ignited by target shooting.

WENATCHEE — After new mapping, the No. 2 Canyon brush fire was estimated at 100 acres.

The three-alarm fire burned for about four hours Thursday until it was contained at 6:20 p.m. It began at the Wenatchee Rifle and Revolver Club about a mile up the canyon and spread up a hillside and crested into No. 1 Canyon.

The cause of the fire is still officially under investigation, said Chief Brian Brett with Chelan County Fire District 1, but he heard from other fire officials that it was ignited by target shooting.

If that is the case, the district intends to work with the gun club to develop firebreaks, Brett said.

No one was injured and no structures were damaged.

LiterateHiker 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like pics 1 and 3.

@freedom41

Thank you. I feel lucky to live in Wenatchee: blue skies, spectacular mountain hiking, alpine lake, little traffic congestion, and clean air.

Happy they are going to work with the club. Loved the pics. Hope they can get it all worked out

I’m glad it’s under control. They definitely need a firebreak of some sort

In Az, it is illegal to target shoot anywhere on public land until further notice. We have had some fires started by gunfire. Sparks fly when a bullet hits rock ya know.

It apparently was at a pistol club, not public land, but that puts the onus on the club to ensure adequate fire control measures are in place

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507714
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.