Agnostic.com

6 0

An interesting question...what is the relationship between psychology and falling in love?

VineetHonkan 7 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is an interesting discussion. All of the Phychological areas of study have touched upon it as well as other areas, such as neurology ( which is my interest) but they all seem to fall short of just actually falling in love for yourself.

It seems that "falling in love" has so many meanings that it would require a family of psychological descriptions.

I think a more interesting question would be: What is the relationship between neurology and falling in love/infatuation and sexual attraction? Sorry...there are a few questions in there.

I believe there has been a truly huge body of work done on the subject. Why not start with Google and Wiki and see where you can get to from there.

...i will clarify...is there a psychology of love and attraction?

There are CAT & PET scans, blood tests for hormones (and etc!) readily available just about everywhere for decades now, ever since the technology developed. Got forth & find them!

The relationship can be explained as "Falling in love" is the act where psychology is study of the act.

Psychology defined as the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given context.

Falling in love is the development of strong feelings of attachment and love, usually towards another person. The term is metaphorical, emphasising that the process, like the physical act of falling, is sudden, uncontrollable and leaves the lover in a vulnerable state, similar to "fall ill" or "fall into a trap". Wikipedia

Word Level 8 June 20, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.