Agnostic.com

12 27

The girl I mentored this year won $35,535 in scholarships and grants.

Four of the eight scholarships Daniela won are renewable.

Like my , Daniela did Running Start. They both graduated with a two-year college Associates degree, along with a school diploma.

So, Daniela will start college as a junior. With renewable scholarships and grants, and work-study jobs, she will graduate from college debt-free.

The oldest of Mexican immigrants, she is the first person in her family to finish school.

Daniela plans to become a physical therapist.

Here's Daniela (on the right) with her last Fall. The same height, they are standing on school stadium steps.

LiterateHiker 9 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always envied your strong sense of self-esteem, and I see how you keep it healthy and nurture it.

Both are on the way to very successful careers. Be proud!

Congrats to you all, what a fantastic success in efforts and skills!

You should also be proud of yourself, if there is a heaven you will get in.

Good work on your part. Great work on hers also. Yea!

Thats awesome!

redhog Level 7 June 21, 2020

That's huge! Graduating debt free! Good job both of you!! ☺☺

Her sucess was in her determination and hard work towards her goal and that of a very Special tutor who guided her in all the correct ways with the right encouragement and patients Congratulations Daniela and LiterateHicker for and exceptional effort ,I am sure it was a labour of love all the waay for the both of you πŸ™‚ Sending hugs to the both of you from afar

Fantastic: Hoorah for you both! May she enjoy the explorations ahead.

Wow, what an accomplishment...for YOU!

mischl Level 8 June 21, 2020

That’s wonderful!!

To quote Montgomery Burns "excellent" πŸ‘πŸ˜

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.