Agnostic.com

25 47

Assumptions . . .

My dear sister who is a "liberal" Christian had a heart attack about 10 days ago. By "liberal," I mean that she does not condemn LBGT and knows that evolution happened. I went down to stay with her for a few days and her church brought by lunch and dinner on one of the days.

The women who brought the lunch were pleased to meet me (of course) and when my sister noted that I was going home on Saturday, one of the women said, "Oh, no! She needs to stay for church!" Neither my sister nor I said anything though I KNOW that I smiled rather wickedly.

Today, my sister went to church and when the lady mentioned me, my sister told her that I was "agnostic." (She thinks that it "sounds" better than "atheist." ) She said that the woman had a horrified look--perhaps partly because I am not Baptist, but also because she wanted me to stay for church. She even said in horror over her faux pas, "And I asked her to come to church!"

People often assume that I am Christian because I am "nice." They should not assume that all "nice" people are Xtian--neither should atheist assume that all Christians are horrid people.

Gwendolyn2018 9 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments (26 - 25)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508265
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.