Agnostic.com

5 1

How did you tell your family that you don't believe in their religion?

How did you tell your family that you don't believe in their religion? Did it cause a fight?

chuckles 6 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't feel it was any of their business so I never "told" them.

I didn't. I really didn't deem it to be all that important. And certainly not worth creating a rift within the family over.

When I came home from college, I would go to church with my parents and say all the right things in all the right places. After I graduated from college and they came to visit me, I would take them to the local church and play out the same puppet show.

Now both of my parents have passed away and I haven't stepped in to a place where organized christian religious services are held for years. I think the last time I stepped into a catholic church was over 10 years ago.

The only exception would be the buddhist temples I've visited in SE Asia as a tourist.

I don't remember exactly, I was in my late teens but I do remember she took me to our Lutheran pastor to talk some sense into me and after we spoke for a while he told her it was something I had thought through and accepted and that it was what I believe which she did not take well.

Mine found out on Facebook 😟 O.o It wasn’t pretty.

My concern, too...

Ouch...

Well if they are tolerant you could just tell them.

Mr_Dj Level 5 Nov 24, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.