Agnostic.com

5 2

So the great advanced race of Americans have a medical problem in letting people know that they have been conned or more correctly kept in the dark for a long time on the issue of male foreskins. Why?

A new app seems to have rediscovered an email sent to me a long time ago by an American woman who has done remarkable research on the subject of the male's foreskin, it's importance and the barbaric cruelty of male circumcision.

As I was recently reminded that we have a fully qualified doctor of sexology in our midst I am posting this concluding extract from my correspondent's email together with the links to her pages now read by about one million people.

Extract -

"as for my knowledge about circumcision:
I became interested in this because when I was 20, I learned that the anatomy books, and the actual anatomy I had to look at, was wrong. Foreskins just didn't exist in my social reality, and they are often misrepresented in or omitted from medical textbooks in the U.S., and diagrams in Planned Parenthood offices, even to this day. The foreskin has the most dense concentration of nerve receptors of the entire male body, and is more
highly developed in humans than in any other species in the world. Its role in sexual intercourse and
orgasm are important to both partners. It is represented this way in most countries, but not in the U.S.,
thanks to our Victorian anti-pleasure history.
This causes serious confusion and malpractice, to the point where the difference between pathology and health of the normal anatomy, and what to do about it, sometimes are not learned well. For example. a doctor who doesn't know an infant's foreskin is supposed to be attached, declares it pathological, and then rips it back, causing damage and searing pain, etc. That this can happen at all, much less on a regular basis, speaks to the vast ignorance on the subject. That
most of the world has found that circumcision is harmful with no real benefit, in the way that cutting off
any body part is harmful, much less an important one, speaks of the backwardness of this culture.
` It's actually possible to have arguments with adult men about what their missing foreskin was and would
have been capable of doing it had not been removed before they had a chance to find out themselves. Can
you imagine this kind of thing happening with women in this culture?"

[madsciencewriter.blogspot.com]

FrayedBear 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anyone doing it for cosmetic reasons should be shot. I also dislike people getting their babies ears pierced. Do they think it doesn't hurt? children are not our possessions. Let them decide for themselves.

......um.......the 'shot' part might be a tad extreme.

I was once told that ear & other piercing usually destroys nerves that are used in acupuncture.

@FrayedBear Acupuncture? FB! Isn't that pseudoscience? You surprise me. Next you'll have me believing in a tyrant with a long beard living in the sky! 😉

@MsDemeanour for you the secular version - & I don't give a brass razoo that western science has not disproven the efficacy of acupuncture - it hasn't proven the sky tyrant doesn't exist either but that does not mean I have to believe that there is one. There is logical probability that a nerve in the ear lobe when stimulated results in a distant part of the body functioning differently.

Great. Another thing I'm missing out on. My foreskin was gone before I could see.

I am truly sad that happened to you.

I do not have white guilt. I do not have any religious guilt. I am very near having a small bit of being an American guilt. I am stunned at the level of ignorance in my country. there are a lot of things I lack knowledge of but damn I am willing to read and learn that so many in the medical profession continue this practice of mutilation is appalling.

In the 21st century the fact that so many people genuinely believe that chopping bits off infants is not abusive and is necessary because it pleases their imaginary sky Daddy is horrific and on a level of barbarism with the long outlawed practices of foot binding and ritual scarring.

Can you imagine this kind of thing happening with women in this culture?

Absolutely. I'm sure there are families here from countries that do this and are perpetuating these traditions on the bodies of their daughters.

Actually it is not female circumcision but genital mutilation and as I frequently have to mention occurs to many women as a result of hysterectomy damaging or severing the nerves carrying signals to the brain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.