Agnostic.com

1 1

I see Apple is changing the processors in its Mac range for the third time since they came out in the 1980s with a Motorola chip.
This time Apple is shifting to an ARM based chip. (Acorn Research Machines, of Cambridge, UK)

[bbc.com]

Petter 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an ex-Apple enthusiast (1985-2018 ) who now has nothing to do with Apple products, I don't care if they buy chips from the planet Romulus. Goodbye Apple.

Took you a long time to realise you were being ripped off.
Until 1984 I was a CP/M enthusiast. Then I discovered the Sinclair QL, running on a Motorola 68000 processor, (as did the Mac), available for only a quarter of the Mac price. When Sinclair went bankrupt, thanks to his weird electric tricycle, I switched reluctantly to Microsoft in 1989.
I've always liked the ARM processors.

@Petter well, macs were expensive but well made until Jobs died, then the rot set in then. Now they are not well made and are not intended to last while very expensive. I do not like Apple management now. I blame the iPhone. Hordes pay thousands every year for a new one, stupidly making billions for Apple. So, their iMacs now don't last due to built in failure components, to force replacement after a couple of years. I bought a 2012 27' iMac. The graphics card failed in 2 years, just after warranty. Due to widespread complaint from many, they replaced the graphics card. It failed after 2 years, again. Oh, cannot be repaired, of course. Buy a new one. Go to hell, I said. The same story is told by huge numbers of iMac buyers. YouTube has videos from lots of them. Dead iMacs, white screens of death, bricked devices. That's Apple. The vision I believed in from the 80s is dead. Now I'm Chrome OS, Linux, and Android. Apple has it coming. I hope.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.