Agnostic.com

6 9

I never know which group to post things like this in. General it is!

1EarthLovingGal 7 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is this a stereotype or a truism? What I am amazed by is that us white folk are so good at dissing folk with stereotypes but can't even withstand 5 minutes of the same treatment. ROTFL.

It's so good to see it put that way. Makes you wonder how anyone can take the Bible seriously at all.
And White people are still doing horrible things to minorities.

Eating fruit is such a vile act

I've alway enjoyed eating that "apple" from the tree. lol

@dermot235 That reminds me of Badu, Apple tree

Confusing isn't it

bobwjr Level 10 June 22, 2020

I just work towards making things better for all people as best I can. Anything less isn't right...

If you are a direct descendant of slave owners and you have inherited family wealth, you are culpable. I don't hold Caucasians responsible unless they are racists now. Some white people are descendants of abolitionists. They don't have to apologize

barjoe Level 9 June 22, 2020

@1EarthLovingGal Was using "you" in the general sense speaking to white people. You are fortunate enough to know your Great grandfather, love him while rejecting his racism. There are wealthy descendants of slave owners. There are descendants of abolitionists. They are both white but the legacy they inherit is quite different

@Omnedon If they are wealthy aires from slave owners they definitely are. Biblical? No way. If someone's Great--grandfather owned a slave plantation that they inherited, they are culpable. Every white person isn't, but they are.

@Omnedon There's a lot of stuff in the bible. The MONEY they have was stolen from the backs of slaves who's descendants have lived in poverty ever since. Nothing to do with the bible. If you inherit the MONEY you inherit the BLAME!

Everyone needs to be part of not accepting the disparity in justice and systemic racism. We are all witnesses to murder of black men and doing nothing is culpable.

@Omnedon Revenge for past (and present) is not biblical. Confederate monuments are 20th century icons. Germany still pays reparations for the holocaust. It's called restitution. When the Czar Romanoff were slaughtered it was by atheist Bolsheviks and it was revenge. You want to apologize for modern plantation owners that's up to you. They're the ones that hold on to God and talk about their God given birthright. Don't even make holding them culpable as "biblical"

@gigihein Some are more culpable than others. Lots of white people fight and have fought for Civil Rights. 500K Americans died to end slavery. Don't let anyone tell you the Civil War was fought for anything else. People who call Confederate monuments their heritage are descendants of traitors. The civil war is still being fought.

@Omnedon You said aires to plantations are blameless. I was talking about revenge. This is not ancient history. The civil war is still being fought. There's a parallel 1864 election and 2020 election this November.

@barjoe Yes, I know . It just isnt important to those who are In power. Once elected they are distracted by how to keep contributions and serve their donors. not their constituants

I guess I should thank my daddy for drinking up all our family wealth.

@Lorajay Was your family slave owners? I doubt if they were. It was no different than today. Poor whites carrying water for the rich. 99% of rebel soldiers were poor. Those statues are mostly of rich slave owners. When they fight for.their "heritage" they do it on behalf of ancestors oppressor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.