Agnostic.com

3 1

Hospitals Sued to Keep Prices Secret. They Lost.

The decision was a victory for the Trump administration, which sees pressure from patients as a way to control health costs.

[nytimes.com]

. . . alternative source :

[cnn.com]

FearlessFly 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, so itโ€™s all true about American health care ๐Ÿ™

@Fred_Snerd that sounds like a good project. I hope that by working together something gets better.

Great first step!

Hospitals should have to bid on proposed services.

. . . hmmm, who would "accept/reject" a 'bid' for an unconscious, homeless, emergency, or indigent patient. I don't see how that notion is workable.

@FearlessFly Obviously it wouldnโ€™t work for single emergencies, but bids could be taken for a license to provide emergency care in general, with negotiated prices for various conditions.

For example a broken leg might be fixed for $1500 instead of the current go for broke $100,000+

About the only victory the useless POS can claim. #FuckTrump

I think the confirmation of Gorsich was a HUGE victory for Trump (as well as others). ๐Ÿ˜›

@FearlessFly Oh gawd another ignorant Trumper...thanks for the heads up. Blocking now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.