Agnostic.com

4 2

What do you think countries should do to make them a happier country to live in.

dermot235 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Free Cheesecake for all!

Empathy classes in Denmark: [powerofpositivity.com]

What an amazing thing to do. Just great

This came up in a previous post and someone said, "When you have Free health care for all and better welfare protections for your citizens and FREE third level education you have a society that allows people to thrive and have opportunities that are based on their abilities and not how wealthy their parents are. So you get less Crime, More opportunities. More social cohesion. It's a WIN WIN for the rich and the Poor. All of the Citizens come out better."

I think that's a spot on response to your question. πŸ˜‰

We in the UK at one time had all those things, free third level education went bye-byes in the 1980s replaced with student loans, but most people don't fully pay them back for one reason or another.
And we are still a country full of miserable whinging racist buggers who vote for proto fascist tories because historically there is only one thing that really makes the British happy and that is moaning about everything and everybody else!

@LenHazell53 Seems to have become the way of the world, not just the UK. The moaning about everything and everybody else part, anyway.

@LenHazell53 Sometimes people are at their happiest when they are not happy. The Victim Mentality is growing ever greater

best thing I can think of is to give out free ice cream and plenty of it.

That's a pretty cool suggestion. lol

What about Chocolate?

@dermot235 not bad. pancakes are good too.

@hankster That would certainly make me one happy girl, but free chocolate just might make me happier.

@Amzungu that settles it. free chocolate and ice cream. with almonds?

@hankster Always with the pancakes! I am surprised that wasn't your first suggestion. I appreciate almonds, but they just don't excite me the way chocolate and ice cream do, or pancakes for that matter.

@Amzungu I suppose we all have our thing. I'll tell a quick story about chocolate. Once Upon a Time I was at a party and in attendance was the young mother and her little girl of about 3. the mother was eating a Hershey bar and the little girl wanted some. she had never had chocolate. the mother broke off a little corner and told thelittle girl to open her mouth and stick out her tongue. the mother placed the chocolate on the girls tongue. she closed her eyes and leaned back her head. you could see she was working her mouth is if she was nursing. then suddenly she straightened up open her eyes wide and look at her mother as if to say "more now, right now." we all laughed and the little girl got another piece of chocolate.

Reminds me a study we looked at in Sociology; part of it’s in this: How Ice Cream Kills, a study of cause and affect.
[decisionskills.com]

@hankster How about Pancakes with Ice cream, Cream and Chocolate sauce. That's about as much fun as you can have without taking your cloths off.

@dermot235 hmmm....all that and naked on a roller coaster with your "friend"?

@hankster This is sounding better and better all the time

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509131
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.